Sunday, July 23, 2006

Roughing it in the Woods


Here is a picture of Gabriel with his momma hiking into our campsite at Bumping Lake.

Gabriel, along with the entire extended family went camping at Bumping Lake. It was actually the second time Gabriel has been camping at that lake. He was also there last year at just five weeks old. He was much older now and had more fun.
The weather was absolutely perfect. He especially enjoyed crawling around in the tents. He did very well in that he was not fussy hardly at all. There were plenty of people there to keep him entertained. A nice surprise this year is that his Grandma Mary was able to come. On Saturday his cousin Abram showed up and he had a lot of fun playing with him.
When we left he got to ride in Grandpa Riley's kayak while it was being towed by Grandpa Riley's other boat. He was of course on my lap with a lifejacket on so he was perfectly safe. He had so much fun that he fell asleep on the twenty minute ride to the boat launch.
In other news Gabriel has learned how to pull up on things and has become quite the climber. The other day I left him playing next to his rocking chair to get the clothes out of the dryer. When I returned he was standing on top of the rocking chair playing with a mirror that was behind it. Needless to say I was shocked! He seems to be very close to walking. He has just figured out how to drink from a sippy cup with a straw which is good news because now he can start to hold his own cup.
The rest of the family is doing well. We are looking into buying a condo right now, but we'll see if the financing goes through. I have to say our whole real estate experience has been a good test of faith for me. I ultimately know that if we are meant to have a place of our own it is in God's hands and he will take care of us. I only hope that my confidence can transend to others around us.
I will try to remember to update in this busy time.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You two are looking great!
I can almost smell the pines in the background! Or is it Fir?
Much love, INGER

11:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home