Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Life in the fast lane

Hard to believe it's already the middle of September. Time for me has been a strange time warp. It seems to have gone by very fast when I look at the big picture and yet very slowly in the day to day.
Kyle and I celebrated our fifth anniversary nearly two weeks ago. We had a children free night and went to the Puyallup fair. It was a lot of fun. Even though we were there on opening night there was hardly anyone there and the weather was gorgeous.
Eliana and Elijah continue to do really well. Elijah is a big hunk of a baby. He's not really chubby but he is very solid and heavy. Eliana is almost the exact opposite. She is really petite and hardly weighs anything, especially compared to her brother. They continue to eat well but thankfully are having longer stretches during the night. It is a lot of fun because they are starting to wake up more and interact. They both smiled and cooed for the first time a week ago today. That was amazing!
Gabriel is doing very well with the transition from life as a single child to being a big brother. He likes to be my little helper and will occasionally pat the babies' backs for me when I am feeding both of them. He does still of course have his moments. Right now he is really enjoying me laying down with him before he takes his nap. He lays next to me and talks to me about all kinds of things. Lately I have been telling him about God and Jesus. He thinks they are pretty cool dudes because I told him that they made tractors. He is still crazy over tractors. He actually remembers about a month ago when we went to Uncle Dan and Aunt Cheri's house and he got to see Uncle Dan use the orange tractor to move some rocks and dirt.
Life has been pretty good for Kyle and me. We are usually in need of a nap but never too tired. We have our concerns for our future, as do most parents: the usual financial, car and housing concerns. But, we know that God has taken care of us and will not abandon us. Our daily prayers are for our children that God has blessed us with, may we make him proud in the way we are teaching them and helping them grow.

1 Comments:

Blogger Heather Arthur said...

Thanks so much for posting! I can't wait to see your kids. We will be there in just a few weeks.

3:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home